Do you have a talent to share, a creative side to express, and time to help a special needs child? Then we need you….they need you.
Children with special needs are, first and foremost, children…and, we believe, all children mature into functioning and productive adults with mentoring and positive support. ASD children are no different; it’s the type of mentoring and support they need that’s different.
We are always looking for reliable and trustworthy volunteers to help us with administrative work, events, programs, and more. All volunteers must be able to maintain client confidentiality. Attend an optional Volunteer Orientation, to learn more about The Autism Council and volunteer opportunities with us. Contact us for details about the next volunteer orientation.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills Instructor to teach basic computer skills to ASD youth to help them communicate with others. The computer is a tool that helps facilitate communication when verbal language is difficult. Training on working with individuals and small groups who have ASD will be provided.
- Art therapy and art lessons Instructor to share artistic abilities (drawing, painting, sculpture, or graphic design) with individuals who are trying to interpret their world and express themselves.
- Office Assistants to help organize paperwork, document and keep track of correspondence, print and mail event invitations and newsletters. Assistants will route incoming calls and emails to the appropriate board or staff member.
- Event Coordinator/Assistants who enjoy meeting new people and making exciting things happen. We're looking for a few people who have experience coordinating small to large events. Activities include coordinating all logistics with venue, catering, supplies, registration, and volunteers. Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills are necessary to keep staff and sponsors updated on all plans. Events include book fairs, art gallery exhibition, health fairs, Family Day at The Pieter’s Life Center, and more.
- Event Decorators who have a good eye for aesthetics and can be creative with a limited budget will help ensure event success.
- Graphic Designer to design event invitations, fliers, and posters.
- Data Manager who can develop and maintain Access databases of contact lists and information.
- Community Outreach/Marketing assistant to post fliers, brochures and posters at local schools and libraries twice a month
- Quilter who candonate a quilt square for quilts that will be auctioned as a fundraising effor